Given that the majority of people have their own personal computer (whether it be a laptop or a desktop) as well as access to the internet, discovering that you can make money online outside of your normal 9 to 5 job can be an exciting prospect. This is especially true for individuals who may not be meeting their monthly income goals and need something on the side that can supplement their current income.
With that in mind, the online world has expanded significantly, and there are a wide variety of money-making opportunities at your fingertips, some of which may be perfect for you and some of which may not. The key to finding the best methods is to get a comprehensive overview of what the internet has to offer, how much they will compensate you in return for your efforts, and how these options fit into your schedule.
If you’re looking to make extra money online or even begin a new business venture from home, take a look at these 45 easy ways to earn money online and dive right into your favorite suggestions.
45 Easy Ways to Earn Money Online
1. Create a Blog About a Topic That You’re Passionate About
Almost everyone has an interest that they know so deeply they could share extensive amounts of information about it with others. The good news is that, if you are quite knowledgeable about something you’re passionate about, you can do just that and make money in the process.
One of the best ways to make money sharing about your favorite topic is through blogging. Blogging has become something that almost anyone can do (as long as you can produce great written pieces and fully-engage your audience). With a host of website builders, design templates, and ready-to-use plugins, no one has to struggle to launch their own blog like they had to when the internet first came around.
That said, there are some things that you will need to take into consideration before you launch your blog. Here is what the process would look like once you’ve made the decision to commit.
- Choose Your Niche: The website that you build will revolve around your brand and the topic that you will be writing about moving forward. Make sure to specify this niche before you begin any of the next steps. A niche that you can blog about could be anything from automobiles to footwear.
- Find Your Domain Name and Hosting: Figure out what you want your website to be named, look for that name (register it if it is available, buy it or find a new one if it is already owned), and find a company that can host your blog like Bluehost.
- Design Your Website: Now that anyone can create their own website or blog, there are plenty of services that can offer you the building materials and plug-ins needed to do so without having to learn a piece of code. Some ideas that you may want to look into include WordPress (the most popular) or Wix.
- Create Content (Following Best SEO Practices): Contrary to popular belief, you cannot write a blog post and publish it for the world to see. In order to be found, you must follow Search Engine Optimization (SEO) guidelines so that search engines like Google can find and rank your content in comparison to related content and websites. Whether you will need to hire someone or you are going to teach yourself, make sure to conduct keyword research, develop a content plan, and create a link building strategy to ensure that you are bringing in traffic to your new blog.
- Market Your Blog: Once your blog is set up and ready to go, you can begin marketing it on social media channels and bringing in readers!
Blogs can be monetized through advertisements or partnerships (at the basic level) and you can boost your profits by selling your own products on your blog as well. As long as you are able to bring in the traffic, you can be making tens of thousands of dollars every year just writing about the things that interest you most.
- Related: How To Start a Blog
- Related: The Best Free Blogging Sites
- Related: How To Start a WordPress Blog
2. Regularly Engage in Online Surveys
When it comes to making easy money online, taking online surveys is arguably the easiest way to bring in a little extra cash without having to put in a ton of additional effort. With plenty of surveys needing to be done that range anywhere from a few cents to several dollars, you can easily make money across multiple platforms on a daily basis.
Before we dive into some of the most popular platforms to use, however, it is important that we clear up a few common misconceptions that some may believe about taking surveys. One of the biggest misconceptions surrounding surveys is the amount of money you can make. You may have already come across some advertisements on the web that have said you can make hundreds of dollars per month taking surveys. The truth? While you can make a good amount off survey platforms, it all depends on which platforms you use, how much time you dedicate to taking surveys, and whether or not you choose to use additional services often offered by these types of platforms like playing games for money or engaging with their referral programs.
Another common misconception that many hold is that it is completely safe to take online surveys. This is especially problematic given the rise in advertising for emerging survey platforms. While the recommendations we will make are reputable, vetted platforms, there are other lesser-known companies out there that may be trying to steal your personal information, your money, or simply not pay you in return for the surveys that you take. It is extremely important that you do your due diligence and make sure that you avoid any potential scams in the making before you decide to try out a survey platform.
That said, where is it safe (and potentially lucrative) to take surveys? The good news is that we’ve already covered some of the most popular survey platforms in the past, which means that we have plenty of safe platforms that you can use if you’re interested in taking surveys. Some recommendations worth trying out include:
- Survey Junkie: Survey Junkie is one of the top survey sites to join if you are looking for regular survey income and don’t want to deal with the extra features that often bog down other platforms.
- InboxDollars: InboxDollars is a survey company that has been around for a while. They offer a $5 sign-up bonus as well as other tasks that can be completed to boost your survey income.
- Swagbucks: Swagbucks is a survey and task-based platform that gives you ample opportunities to earn. You can earn an additional $10 if you sign up with them.
- American Consumer Opinion Panel: American Consumer Opinion Panel offers surveys that are typically $1 or more, giving you more lucrative survey-taking opportunities.
- Vindale Research: Vindale Research focuses only on surveys and offers a $1 bonus upon signing up with them.
- LifePoints: LifePoints is known for having fewer available surveys but will pay out more than the average survey platform does.
There are other platforms that you can sign up with (which we have covered extensively in the past). However, for those who are just diving into surveys, these are arguably some of the best platforms to join to jumpstart your survey-taking journey.
3. Take on Micro Tasks During Your Free Time
Taking on part-time or full-time jobs isn’t for everyone. Instead, people may be looking for work that is easy to complete but will still pay them a little bit of money in the process. If this is more in the realm of what you’re looking to do, then you may be interested in taking on micro-tasks during your free time.
Micro-tasks are small activities that are completed in a minimal amount of time in return for compensation. These types of tasks will vary in regard to what you are asked to do and what the difficulty of the task may be. In order to demonstrate what you may encounter when looking to complete micro-tasks for money, let’s take a look at a few of the platforms you may use for this type of work.
- Amazon MTurk (This is used to be a highly-accessible platform. However, it appears as though the sign-up process is a bit more complicated and it may involve faxing financial information over to them. Please approach this platform with caution.)
- Lionbridge (Appen and Lionbridge are a little bit more involved than other options on this list, mainly because their microtasks require more focus and, sometimes, a higher skill set.)
If you have some extra time throughout the day to complete tasks but don’t want to commit to more demanding products, the microtask sites listed above will give you access to quick, easy tasks that will earn you a little bit of money in the process.
4. Look for Places Where You Can Trade in Old Electronics for Cash
Electronics are arguably the most valuable products you can sell if you have them lying around your home. However, not everyone is looking to take on the challenge of rebooting them, repairing them, and selling them to others. Fortunately, you don’t have to. There are plenty of companies that will allow you to trade in your old electronics for cash, taking care of the difficult aspects of making a sale.
Some of the companies that are willing to take your used electronics and compensate you for them include:
You should also reach out to local tech stores and big retailers to see if they have trade-in programs that may benefit you if you frequently shop there.
5. Become a Mystery Shopper
Almost any job description with the word “mystery” in it guarantees that you are going to have a good time while you are engaged in whatever tasks are required of you. Aptly named, mystery shoppers are individuals who are paid to visit local stores, collecting data such as what items are in stock, what the pricing for certain items are, and what the customer service experience is like. You may also be requested to simply take pictures of certain stores or the items found within them.
Because this is a lesser-known way of making money, you may know of very few, if any, mystery shopping apps that will help you get paid for this type of work. Surprisingly enough, however, there are quite a few. Let’s take a look at some of the ones you may want to join if this is something that catches your interest.
- Secret Shopper
- Sinclair Customer Metrics
- Second to None
If you’re looking to avoid in-person interactions, don’t fret. You may also be able to find phone-based mystery shopping if you do a little digging, giving you the ability to assess customer service quality through phone-based interactions rather than having to go to the store and ask for help.
6. Join a Tutoring Platform (or Become a Private Tutor)
There are some jobs that are simply more fulfilling. Take tutoring, for example. Nothing is better than being able to share our knowledge with others and help them succeed in their studies. Additionally, there is no better time than the moment to offer online tutoring services.
When it comes to tutoring, almost anyone can become a tutor. That said, some platforms will allow you to get started with minimal experience, while others will only accept those who have certain degrees, teaching experience, or proven experience in a certain field. Additionally, the latter tends to pay more than the former.
But if you have a passion for teaching and helping others, why let that stop you from pursuing it. Some ways you can begin tutoring and offering your wisdom to students include using some of the following platforms.
Whether you’re someone with an educational background or someone who is just interested in helping others academically, get started tutoring others today by looking over the platforms listed above.
7. Sell Things Around the House That You No Longer Need
Many of us are guilty of holding onto things because we believe that we may one day have use for them. While this may be true for some items, many of them will go unused, taking up space until we finally decide to take action and give them away or throw them out. Not all items we own are valuable, but you may be able to find some value. What can you do then? One of the easiest ways to make a little money online is to tap into this array of unused items and sell them online!
To get started, simply go through your house and find things you no longer have use for. Give it a good examination to ensure that it is still in good condition and ask yourself, is this something that people are willing to pay for? If you’re unsure, the best way to double-check is to seek out that item online to see if it is selling. If it is, great! You may be able to make a sale on this item as well.
Once you have all of the items you are looking to sell, the next thing you will have to take care of is the listing process. This will entail:
- Taking High-Quality Pictures for Your Listing: People who are looking to purchase something online are naturally skeptical when they see listings with few pictures or information. It is important that your buyers are able to see what they are buying and know that it is in good condition before they decide to reach out to you. Although you don’t have to be a professional photographer, make sure to take well-lit, comprehensive photos of each item to accompany your listing when you post it.
- Providing an Appealing, Accurate Description of Your Item: There are two things that make a great listing: appealing language and an honest description. Let your prospective buyers know exactly what condition the product is in so that they know what to expect should they reach out to you. However, you should also make it a point to make your listing appealing to others and highlight some of the benefits of the product. Remember, the goal here is to sell your item! Think about what you would want to see when shopping online and incorporate those qualities into your own listing.
- Responding Promptly to Any Interested Buyers: Nothing is worse than losing a buyer because you weren’t able to respond quickly enough. While you can’t be expected to respond in minutes or during the night, make it a point to respond within at least a couple of hours so they don’t become disinterested and look elsewhere for the same item.
Another thing that will ensure you get the most out of your efforts is listing your items for sale on multiple platforms. Whether you intend on selling locally or shipping your item across the country, you should look into platforms like (you’ll see these same platforms in a later section as well):
- OfferUp (LetGo was previously another platform that users could sell items locally through. However, LetGo was recently purchased by OfferUp.)
- Facebook Marketplace
All you have to do is use the platform to get started selling your unused items today!
8. Rent Extra Space or Items That You Don’t Use (or Use Infrequently)
Selling items can be a great way to make money online. However, not everyone has items that are worth selling, which can make it difficult to find ways to bring in the extra income they’re looking for. That said, there are ways to work around this. Instead of selling your items, consider renting them out instead!
Renting out items has become an extremely popular trend in recent years, and there is no limit to the types of items you can rent out. To give you an idea of some of the options you have at your disposal. Here are a few of the most popular rental platforms you can join:
- Help campers find the perfect place to camp by listing your land on a platform like HomeCamper.
- Rent out your home or additional space in your home via apps like Airbnb or VRBO.
- RVs are a great way to venture into the great outdoors, but many people will buy them, only to leave them sitting in the driveway. Fortunately, you can give your RV the use it’s looking for through apps like RVshare or Outdoorsy.
- An extra car can be great to have access to unless it’s collecting dust. Rent it to those in need of a vehicle using Turo or getaround.
- You can easily rent out extra spaces for vehicles like parking spaces, curb space, or even driveways using platforms like CurbFlip.
- Help those looking to access their local lake make their dreams come true by renting out your boat through Boatsetter.
- Provide people with space in your house for events like modeling shoots or gatherings through Peerspace.
- If you’re not looking to have anyone occupy the unused space in your home, you could instead rent it out for extra storage space using StoreAtMyHouse.
- Twisted Road and Riders Share help people find bikers who rarely use their motorcycles and allows them to rent these vehicles.
- If you don’t have an extra motorcycle lying around but you do have some bikes that have not seen the light of day in a while, you can rent out your unused bicycles to others through services like Spinlister.
- KitSplit and ShareGrid make it possible to rent or even sell cameras and film equipment. If you have any equipment that is in good condition and want to make some regular income, consider renting out these items to others.
- Through platforms like BabyQuip, you can rent out and deliver your unused baby gear to parents who may have forgotten some of their essential baby goods while they’re out of town or on vacation.
- Many unused clothing items can be thrown away or donated. However, some higher-end fashion choices cost a lot of money to buy, and you may not be willing to simply give designer clothes away. Instead, you can turn to StyleLend to let someone else wear these outfits and make a little extra money along the way.
- Rent out these instruments, recording equipment, and other musical tools to interested users on Fretish.
No matter what you have in your house that is not being used, you are sure to find someone who will want to rent it out on the many platforms provided above!
9. Start Your Own Business Selling Homemade Goods
For some, crafting is an excellent hobby that helps them relax or even allows them to make some of their own products that they rely on every day. Many people will only pursue this during their free time, however, so their output is minimal. On the other hand, there are those who put a great amount of time and care into their own homemade products, producing a greater output than they know what to do with.
Are you passionate about creating your own homemade goods? If so, one potentially lucrative way to make money off of this passion is to sell your goods online. Whether you are someone who enjoys creating carved candles, knitting various wearable items together, or even producing your own soaps and body lotions, these items are possible to sell online and sell right from the comfort of your own home.
Arguably one of the most popular platforms used for this purpose is Etsy, which houses the work of a myriad of homemade good makers and those providing similar craft-based products. However, if you’re interested in looking around and seeing what other platforms you could sell on, you may also want to take a look at options like indieCart or even Amazon’s own section called Homemade at Amazon. No matter if you are someone who just wants to make a little bit of money doing something that they would do for free or you are someone who is looking to make this a part-time or full-time business, there are plenty of ways to sell your homemade goods online.
10. Launch Your Own Dropshipping Business
Dropshipping is an extremely popular online business model right now, and once you understand how it works, it’s easy to see why. Dropshipping is a business model in which you create the storefront and you find a third-party that will handle the inventory and fulfill any sales that are made on your website. This leaves you to focus on the marketing aspects of your business and takes away the stress that comes with having to store inventory, ship it to customers, and handle returns.
Dropshipping is one of the easiest business models to start at home and once you find the right products to sell to others, you can begin taking care of the website development that needs to take place before launch. If you’re interested in dropshipping, we recommend looking over this guide to jumpstart your online dropshipping business.
11. Find Cashback Sites That Will Give You Rewards for Your Normal Shopping Habits
Nothing is better than going out to buy necessities and being able to save money in the process. Some people may be more traditional about this, clipping coupons and using them at the store, or they may turn to online resources like cashback sites that offer rewards for making your everyday purchases.
The good news is that, for those who are interested in the latter, there is an abundance of platforms that will offer cashback benefits for shopping at your favorite stores. While the percentage you will earn back will vary depending upon which platform you choose, there are plenty of ways to get started. But which platforms are worth your time?
Here are a few great cashback platforms that will help you get started!
In addition to some of the recommendations above, you should also take a closer look at your bank or savings/investment apps as some of these may offer cashback opportunities from time to time.
12. Produce a Vlog Following Your Daily Life or Favorite Subjects
A blog can be engaging, but a vlog can be more exciting to watch and easier to follow. Vlogs have been popularized via platforms like YouTube, and unlike requiring you to pick a certain niche before you start, you can truly take your vlogs in any direction that you like (unless you are making videos about a certain topic that you like, in which case you will need to come up with a niche before you start posting regularly and bringing in subscribers).
Vlogs are most often monetized through advertisements and sponsorships, especially when you are going through a platform like YouTube to post your content. However, whether you choose to post via a video platform or even post your own vlog content on your blog, you can add to your earnings by selling merchandise and other products to your regular subscribers. All you need to start your own vlog is a high-quality camera, some great camera equipment to ensure all of your shots are well-lit and sharp, and editing software to cut down video files before they’re uploaded. Overall, starting a vlog is something that anyone can do.
13. Buy Domain Names and Resell Them to Interested Buyers
Not all tech-related jobs are difficult. One excellent example of this is domain flipping. A domain name is the name that you see in the search bar when you enter a website. For example, Google.com is a domain name. These domain names could best be compared to real estate in that some domain names are extremely valuable, especially if they are already owned by someone else.
The key to making money domain flipping is finding domain names that people are most likely to need. You’ll want to purchase these domain names at a relatively inexpensive price (and make sure that you renew ownership or else someone else may be able to take it from you). Once you own it, you can either hold onto it and wait for someone to reach out to you to purchase it or take a more aggressive approach and try to sell it via domain name auctions.
This process can sound complicated, but it’s quite easy. The hardest part is making sure that you have the capital necessary to acquire valuable domain names and learning how to spot domain names that could prove to be profitable in the future. Once you have these two aspects down, you may become a successful domain flipper down the road!
14. Have Design and Web Development Skills? Consider Website Flipping Instead
As we cover extensively in this guide, programming skills and other design skills that are used for technology are coveted and always in demand. However, many people who have these skills are looking for ways to make money on the side and on their own terms. In the previous section, we talked about domain flipping. But if you have the necessary skills and extra time, you may want to pursue website flipping.
Website flipping is the act of taking an old website that needs work, sprucing it up to improve its design, and selling it to someone else to make a profit (although you could also build your own websites and accomplish the same task). This process entails either creating your own domain or finding a website with an existing domain, going through the design process to provide it with better aesthetics and functionality, conducting SEO research and developing content and page copy that will begin to boost traffic and rankings, engaging in link building strategies to improve your domain authority, and finally, selling the website.
The amount that you earn from your efforts will depend on the buyers you find and what they’re willing to pay for your website. Generally, websites are worth double or triple what they are generating annually. So, if you manage to get your website to make $10,000 a year, you may be able to sell it for $20,000 or $30,000. That’s not a bad chunk of change for taking a website and sprucing it up!
15. Write Your Own Fiction or Nonfiction eBook (or Get Paid to Read Books)
Before we dive into this one, we must say that the level of difficulty of this recommendation will depend entirely upon your skillset and the type of product that you choose to produce. Some people can easily produce a short fiction or nonfiction ebook while others may take a little bit longer to produce a similar item. Make sure that you are well-equipped to handle something like this before you dive right in.
If you are adept at writing and know how e-books are formatted and structured, you may want to write your own e-books as a way to make money online. Nonfiction books are especially popular in business and marketing communities as they provide readers with a host of information that will allow them to build their skills. That said, fiction writers make plenty of money coming up with their own stories and advertising them as well. Traditional publishing is always an option, but you may be better off writing and self-publishing through major platforms like Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing solution.
Not comfortable writing your own books? That’s okay! There are actually plenty of opportunities for voracious readers who want to be compensated for engaging in the hobby that they love. Some platforms that will pay you to read books include:
Whether you’re a reader or a writer, there are opportunities out there for you to make money doing what you’re passionate about!
16. Help Others Become Experts in Their Desired Field By Selling Online Courses
Everyone is looking for ways to learn more about their favorite topics and interests. Whether this is in business or in life, they will need to turn to experts in order to gain the necessary training and education. Those who have the proper training and education themselves to teach others more about the topic they’re interested in can make money by selling online courses.
Online courses are great because they provide us with accessible education from the comfort of our home. Additionally, all you need to learn is a laptop and an internet connection. That said, the learner experience can be varied and as someone who creates online courses, you will need to think about what you are offering.
Are your courses intended to be completed in a certain stretch of time or would they be self-guided? Are these courses designed for basic education, or are you enough of an expert to offer certifications that could prove useful in various careers? Will people respect the name and experience behind the online course, or do you need more time before people will take you seriously enough to take your online courses?
Additionally, you will need to think about where you are providing these online courses. If you have your own brand, you may want to sell your online courses directly to people through your own platform. If you’re just getting started and are testing the waters, you could instead use a platform like Teachable to create and launch your online course.
No matter what you choose to teach, creating an online course can be a great way to make money online, especially if you are attempting to establish passive income sources to supplement your main income.
17. Rather Than Physical Items, Sell Digital Goods Online!
In a world that is dominated by technology, not everything that we need to purchase is going to be physical. Many of us purchase items that are solely intended to be used online, which has created an entirely new market for goods that never reach the physical world (or start digital and are developed into a physical product later on). Those who are relatively skilled with technology can take advantage of this development to develop their own digital products that they can sell online!
But what exactly are people looking for when it comes to digital products. Some ideas that you may have come across if you have considered this type of business in the past include printables (think to-do lists or calendars), online courses, e-books, music, directions and kits that can be used for various crafts, programs, fonts, and literally anything else under the sun that people could find useful.
These types of digital goods can be sold either through certain sales platforms or on your own website. However, there are advantages and disadvantages to each. Using an existing platform to list and sell your goods is easy, but many platforms take a portion of your sales in order to provide you with the convenience of using the platform. Creating your own storefront can be difficult, but you don’t have to worry about paying anyone for selling your products.
If this interests you, either as a full-time business or as a tip that you could integrate into the other ways to make money featured here, dive deeper into what types of digital products exist, how they can be sold, and which ones you may want to sell to others.
18. Love Graphic Design? Sign Up With a Print-on-Demand Service
Being able to create graphics via a digital program is a talent. For some, they may choose to utilize these services in a full-time position or offer them to clients on a freelance basis. Others, however, may simply enjoy making designs and may wish to monetize their art via a less-demanding channel. If this resonates with you, you may be interested in selling your graphic design art through print-on-demand platforms.
Print-on-demand companies are perfect for those who want an easy way to sell their art. All you have to do is sign up for their creator programs, upload your designs onto the products that you’re looking to sell, and advertise your creations to attract interested buyers. Every print-on-demand platform has various terms of services and ways of providing you with compensation for your sale, so it is important that you look closely at each one before signing up and using them. However, if you’re ready to get started, there are plenty of great platforms like:
Once you find the right platform for you, all you have to do is set up your digital storefront and begin uploading your designs for sale. As you begin to grow your following through social media and other marketing channels over time, you may even find yourself making a steady income that could replace your part-time or full-time job.
19. Flip Gently Used Items That You Find Online or Locally
There are some people who have a natural talent for finding great bargains both locally and online. While this can be helpful in allowing you to find some of your basic necessities or even gifts at a much lower cost than you would normally pay, this talent can serve another purpose: becoming a flipper!
Whether it be an online sale, a nearby garage or estate sale, thrift shops and other discount stores near you, or even sales being made on local sales platforms that are designed to connect you with nearby sellers, there are almost always opportunities to find items that are being offered at far less than they are valued at. If you have the time and the patience, you can sift through these resources to find great products that you can resell at a higher price online or to those interested in buying near you. For larger items like appliances, you may even be able to make money by repairing worn down products and bringing them back to excellent working condition.
Finding the right products to flip is one half of the challenge, but being able to sell them can be quite difficult as well. Make sure to follow the tips listed in our section covering how you can sell items around your house, for which many of the tips will apply when you are listing your products on local platforms or planning on shipping them across the country. You will also need to know where you can begin flipping your items. Some of the platforms you may wish to use to sell the items you find include:
- OfferUp (LetGo was previously another platform that users could sell items locally through. However, LetGo was recently purchased by OfferUp.)
- Facebook Marketplace
If you are someone who is going to specialize in flipping a certain kind of product, you may even wish to open your own storefront (given that you are able to find a steady supply of flippable items and can ensure fairly steady demand as well).
20. Provide Feedback to Companies About Their Websites
Some companies will develop its website and base how well it is received on overall engagement and approval. Others, however, will want to send their website out to individuals that can test them so that they are aware of any issues or upgrades long before they officially launch it.
These website testers can actually be compensated for their time, and there are plenty of websites out there that can connect you to these opportunities, although you will want to decide which ones are worth your time based on the amount paid, how often they have opportunities available, and how much you can theoretically make over a certain period of time.. Whether you have a laptop, desktop (with a functional webcam and microphone), or an Android or iPhone, some platforms that will pay you to test websites include:
- Intuit User Research (This is not a general platform like the above recommendations. Rather, it is a user research platform designed by Intuit to gain insight from small business owners about products like Quickbooks.)
Not all of these recommendations will be right for you, but you will be sure to find some platforms that work well for your needs. Then, all you have to do is log on when you have free time, take a quick test, and make some money!
21. Join a Transcription Platform to Make Money Transcribing Audio Files
From the closed captioning and subtitles that we see on TV and streaming services to the blog posts that we see detailed below some of our favorite podcast episodes, most audio always has text accompanying it. However, as you can imagine, producing this text can be an ambitious undertaking. Those who do it? These professionals are known as transcriptionists.
Transcription is the act of taking a piece of audio and developing a clear script that details the contents of the audio. As you can imagine, this type of work isn’t for everyone. However, for those who have a bit of extra time throughout the day, who have great typing speed and accuracy, and who aren’t afraid of investing a little bit of money into their endeavors can certainly profit off of this type of work.
Additionally, transcription work is relatively easy to find. There are plenty of platforms out there that will sign up beginner transcriptionists to help them with their workload. Here are some of the transcription platforms you may want to look into that are beginner-friendly and perfect for more seasoned transcriptionists.
- TranscribeMe: TranscribeMe is one of the most popular transcription platforms available. Those who use TranscribeMe have reported being able to make anywhere from $15 to $22 per audio hour.
- GoTranscript: GoTranscript pays up to $0.60 per audio minute or $36 per audio hour.
- Rev: Rev is a popular platform that pays anywhere from $0.30 per audio minute to $1.10 per audio minute.
- Casting Words: Casting Words pays around $0.085 to $1 per audio minute, depending upon the type of work.
- QuickTate: QuickTate is a platform that is designed for those who have experience and professional references that the company can reach out to. Should you make it onto the platform, Quicktate pays $0.0025 per word for general transcription, $0.0050 per word for medical transcription, and around $0.0050 per word for iDictate.
- Tigerfish: Tigerfish is a platform that only onboards U.S. residents and pays around $0.005 per word transcribed.
- Ubiqus: Ubiqus hires both professionals and those who are interested in transcription and can prove their skills. They pay per word and their rates are $0.00588 per word for legal transcription and $0.00695 per word for medical transcription.
- SpeechPad: SpeechPad is one of the highest-paying platforms currently available, offering $0.25 to $2.50 per audio minute!
- SpeakWrite: SpeakWrite requires all users to have at least one year of transcription experience (which means you can make it on there once you have been on any of these other platforms for a year’s time). They pay $0.005 per word and state that there is a potential 10% bonus for some transcriptionists.
- GMR Transcription: GMR Transcription offers $0.70 to $1.25 per audio minute for those who make it onto the platform.
- Scribie: Scribie is arguably the lowest paying platform but quite easy to get onto. You can expect to make around $5 to $50 per audio hour.
If you have quick fingers and great ears, sign up with the transcription platforms to begin making money translating audio into text!
22. Develop Your Own Applications or Software
Like most skills, programming is something that can be applied for profit in any number of ways. As we recommend later in the article, you can easily make a freelance or full-time career using your skillset as being able to code, develop, and design is always in demand, no matter where you may look. However, you may also wish to break away from these common recommendations and pursue something of your very own.
Instead of looking for people to work for, consider developing your own applications and software solutions. Although this may be a little bit difficult and time-consuming, working on your own products can be something that you can do on the side of your regular job so that you can potentially earn money in the future. Whether that means developing your own game, creating a high-end financial application, or even creating antivirus software, the only limits are your imagination and capabilities.
Ask yourself, what types of programs or apps do I appreciate and enjoy? What do I know in regard to programming and how could I apply that to create something? What are other people doing and can I gain any inspiration from what they’re working on. If you’re naturally creative and quite talented in creating programs from nothing (or creating apps using any number of app builders that are available today), this may be a great way to earn some extra money. Who knows? You may even create a product that is worth a substantial amount of money!
23. Provide Online Coaching or Consulting Services to Others
There is no shortage of educational resources online, no matter what you are trying to learn more about. This makes it extremely simple for anyone to simply jump online and begin their learning journey. That said, not everyone is well-equipped to take on the learning process by themselves and may flourish with the support of an expert and mentor instead.
For those who fall into the latter category, you can provide coaching or consulting services to those within your niche or industry who are looking for that accountability and support. Whether you want to become a health and nutrition coach, a business coach or consultant, or guide others in another area of your choosing, there is no shortage of options that will allow you to help others and earn money in the process. Some popular coaching and consulting opportunities include:
- Business Coaching and Consulting
- Health and Fitness Coaching
- Life Coaching
- Career Coaching
- Executive Coaching
- Skills Coaching
- Financial Coaching and Consulting
- Relationship Coaching
- Team Coaching
- Spiritual Coaching
- Wellness Coaching
Once you figure out your niche, you will need to begin attracting clients and growing your following. Some coaching and consulting positions will require you to get certified but not all of them. Do your research on what is required in your state in order to begin working in one of these positions. After your business is set up, all you have to do is find clients, get customer testimonials, grow your reputation, and continue changing the lives of whoever you come into contact with.
24. Have a Psychology Degree? Consider Looking Into Teletherapy
Some services must be conducted in-person, such as a visit to the doctor’s office or a trip to the office. However, others can be done virtually, such as providing counseling to others who may have previously visited nearby therapy offices instead.
For those who have a psychology degree and the ability to practice, this presents you with a unique opportunity. Rather than having to go out of your way to ensure that you are able to meet with clients in-person, you can turn to one of the many teletherapy platforms that are emerging to offer your services in a manner that is more convenient for both yourself as well as the clients you are serving. But where can you get started?
Some of the best resources to turn to if you are looking to provide therapy services over the phone or online include companies like BetterHelp or even platforms like GoodTherapy, where you can list your online services to match with interested clients. Because this is a relatively new field and there are many new platforms popping up and making a name for themselves, make sure you do your research into each platform you plan on joining to make sure that it is not only legitimate but that you do have the potential to make substantial earnings in the process.
If you are someone who does not have the necessary certifications or licensing, you may also wish to look into crisis chat jobs that pay if you are looking to make a difference in the world!
25. Become a Freelancer and Offer Your Services to Clients Who Need Them
Freelancing has grown in popularity due to the flexibility that it offers independent contractors. Although there is a little bit more work that goes into the process (you will need to develop a portfolio of your work, demonstrate to clients that you know the skills you advertise when you reach out to them, and market yourself in order to gain the visibility that you need to compete on the market), it is well worth it given that you dictate your pay and hours.
While there are certainly plenty of in-person freelancing or “temp” positions, freelancing is largely remote. This is because many of the skills that clients need include graphic design, programming skills or experience with web development (full-stack development, front-end development, back-end development), content marketing skills (SEO, writing, editing, content creation and management), other marketing skills, videography, and beyond.
The good news for freelancers is that the large community means there are plenty of sources where you can connect with clients and find work. These freelancing platforms include:
The most important thing to remember is that your options will vary based on what you do as a freelancer. For example, freelancers like writers or graphic designers have a host of additional job boards that are tailored specifically to their needs, making it easier to find clients and work that is the best for their needs. If you want full control over the hours that you work as well as your earning potential, make sure to look into freelancing as your new employment opportunity.
26. Find a Full-Time or Part-Time Remote Job
Before 2020, remote work was on the rise. Now, being able to work remotely is almost a necessity, and many employees who have been able to do their work from home don’t want to go back to the normal office space. For those who have always wanted to work from home, this has resulted in even more jobs being available to you.
While some of these positions are only temporarily remote (for which the duration of the remote working will depend upon the company and how it decides to proceed as we navigate this crisis), there are many others that have and will continue to remain remote. But where are you supposed to find such jobs? Many of the recommendations in the previous section will connect you with people who are looking for part-time or full-time remote employees. However, there are some other job boards specifically for employee work. Here are a few job board recommendations that will help you get started on your remote job hunt:
If you have professional skills that could be used to make a steady income, why not search for a remote job that will provide you with the stability you are looking for? No matter what your skillset may be, the platforms above will help you connect with high-quality employers in need of remote workers just like you.
27. Produce a Podcast About a Hot Topic in Today’s World
Podcasts are one of the most desirable ways to learn new information. Easily consumable and accessible, all you have to do is find your desired show through your phone, download (or stream it), and give it a listen. Additionally, a podcast can be enjoyed on your own time when you may not be currently doing anything else. All of these features make these audio shows very popular among business professionals, everyday thinkers, and even those looking for varied types of entertainment.
But we are not here to talk about why podcasts are great. We are here to discuss why podcasts may be an easy way for you to make extra money online. Due to technological advancements and the ease that comes with obtaining the items needed to produce a show, almost anyone can set up their own podcast from home and talk about any topic they enjoy. With a few editing skills and some patience, all you have to do is then upload and market it.
Granted, the initial stages of setting up and broadcasting a podcast may not be lucrative. However, through monetization methods such as sponsorships, memberships, and advertisements, you can turn your dedicated following into a profit, all while doing the thing you love most. You may even be able to create your own branded products as you grow your podcast. If you have a knack for technology, are great at engaging others (even if they are not in the room), and have a lot to say about a certain topic that interests you and attracts others, creating your own podcast could be your next side hustle project that yields some additional income.
28. Lend Your Voice to Audiobook or Voiceover Gigs
As long as there are forms of media that are strictly audio-based or feature animated video or video without people physically present, there is going to be a need for pleasant or unique voices who can act as the driving force in this type of media. If you believe that you have a voice that is worthy of being used for these types of gigs, you may just have yourself a new income stream right at your fingertips.
Because offering voice services is something that is largely gig-based, you are most certainly going to need to build a business out of it starting out. This includes getting all of the necessary equipment to record yourself and prevent any audio imperfections from ruining your chances of landing a gig, providing samples that clients can listen to and offering free positions to others in order to build a portfolio, and marketing yourself so that people can find you and you can find others when you are hunting for these types of gigs.
The type of voice acting that you will be doing will depend upon your own skillset. For example, those who offer voices for commercials are far different from people who provide voice-overs for video games or movies, which would require acting skills and other skill sets as well. This means that the amount you can make will vary. That said, voiceover work generally pays good money, and you can expect to earn anything from $20 to $100 per work, with some major gigs paying thousands of dollars or more. All you have to do to get started is take a chance and invest in yourself.
29. Try Your Hand at Becoming an Influencer
Social media plays a major role in the day-to-day lives of many. Besides acting as a way for us to stay connected with each other, it has also become a way for us to interact with our favorite artists and brands, stay on top of the news, and connect with the online world as a whole. Within this unique ecosystem of information, those who have accumulated a large following over time operate as those who direct us towards certain brands and trends.
These people are known as influencers. While some influencers like celebrities have a large following immediately because of their status, others gain followers through posting quality content or even by selling their own products and goods online. This type of side income stream can be appealing to many and it is quite clear what the benefits are.
If you’re considering becoming an influencer, you will first need to figure out what your brand is, what you will be posting about, how social media functions (and how you need to market yourself in order to grow your following organically), and exactly who your target audience and target sponsors are as you move forward. The majority of the work will be getting the proper following, but plenty of people have managed to garner the attention that they want and monetize their efforts in the process.
Because the definition of an influencer and what they do can be so varied, it is important that you do your research and truly understand your direction before you get started. However, once you have the dedicated following that you want, the opportunities are endless when it comes to finding ways to translate these fans into funds.
30. Turn Photography Into Profit By Selling Your Pictures Online
Images are everywhere on the internet. Whether it is the background of a website, a picture within a blog post, or images that make up ads, we see pictures no matter where we travel virtually. While some of these pictures are free, many of them have to be paid for, and the photographers who have the talent to take these great pictures can be compensated handsomely for their efforts.
The key to making the most out of your photography talent is to seek out what types of pictures people are looking for and purchasing and taking those pictures in order to cater to those specific needs. Additionally, the quality of your pictures will matter too. While some people can make money taking pictures on their iPhone, others regularly make money through photography and have the equipment necessary to take great photos.
If this is something that has piqued your interest, here are a few platforms and recommendations to help you get started making money through your photography.
- Sell your photos on various products using print-on-demand websites like Zazzle and Redbubble.
- Make money off of the photos on your iPhone via applications like Foap.
- List your photos for sale to interested parties on websites like Adobe Stock, Shutterstock, and Alamy.
- Consider reaching out to various publications to see if they’re in need of specific photos and are looking to hire a photographer for their needs.
If you’re talented with a camera, you don’t have to let it be just a hobby. Use some of the recommendations above to make some money doing what you love.
31. Offer Virtual Assistant Support for Busy Professionals
No matter what type of jobs you have worked in the past, chances are that you have witnessed what managing a business looks like firsthand. For the average business professional, there are simply too many tasks to tackle within a day, which can pose a problem for their productivity and prevent them from running the business effectively.
In response to this common problem, many professionals will seek to outsource and delegate their tasks in order to focus on what matters most: the work that drives the business first. This means things like social media posts, data entry, organizational tasks, client communications, and scheduling will need to fall to someone else. So why not make this your job?
Becoming a virtual assistant means working from home on the many tasks listed above. Additionally, virtual assistants are compensated quite well for the work they do, with those on the lower end of the spectrum earning $15 an hour and others earning $25 an hour or more. As you grow your skillset and develop a resume that will allow you to get your foot in the door with major clients, you will be able to charge these high-end prices. However, everyone has to start somewhere. Some platforms that help busy professionals connect with virtual assistants include:
If you’re great at administrative work, have some additional talents that will allow you stand out from the pack, and are interested in helping others drive their business forward, turn to some of these platforms to begin your virtual assistant journey and build the career that you’re looking for!
32. Join a Content Mill to Get Access to Writing Jobs When You Need Them
If you ask anyone who has been writing online for a considerable amount of time what a content mill is, chances are that the term itself is going to evoke a fairly negative response. This is due to the fact that content mills don’t pay out as well as other types of writing work, such as guest posting or freelance writing. That said, for those who like to write and simply want to make some extra money on the side, this is an excellent way to get side work.
Unlike other platforms, content mills post available work to a large job board. When you find a task that you want to do, you can then take that task, complete it, and send it in for approval. This makes it easy to grab something when you’re available (if there are available jobs) and make some money during your free time. Additionally, while earnings are generally low for those just starting out on these platforms, many content mills offer ratings. The more you write and the more skill you demonstrate, the more you may be able to earn over time.
But where can you begin writing for money if this is your passion? You may want to take a closer look at content mills like:
If you do a little research on your own time, you’ll find that there are plenty of other content mills out there. That said, it can be difficult to get into some of them depending upon the waitlist and how fast the platform is at looking at new applicants. Additionally, some content mills may be scams so it is important that you look into each one before you apply to make sure that you’re not wasting your time. However, once you are accepted into the better ones, you’ll be able to pick up jobs and make money whenever you have free time.
33. Earn Passive Income By Creating Content for an Established Blogging Platform
Setting up your own blog can be an expensive, time-consuming process, especially if you are not too keen on the idea of having to put in all of the work that it takes to generate the necessary traffic needed to properly monetize your efforts. The good news? There are still ways to write about some of your favorite topics and get paid for them, and this is possible by writing for other blogging platforms that are designed specifically for content creators.
Using this method, you come up with the content, provide the platform with the desired layout (images, subheadings, hyperlinks, etc.), provide them with the necessary tags that will help your content get seen on the platform, and publish when you are ready. Then, all you will have to do is share your content once it is up and ready. Pay will vary depending upon the platform you use, but some make some pretty solid passive income on a monthly basis from these efforts alone.
But where can you get started? The two biggest platforms currently operating that offer this opportunity are Medium and Vocal. Medium is one of the earlier content creation platforms that offers compensation based on the amount of engagement your post receives (which is paid out via the funds they collect from those who purchase Medium memberships). Vocal, on the other hand, pays per view, and they achieve this using the funds from Vocal+ members who sign up for increased exposure and access to contests. Of course, there are some alternatives like HubPages. That said, it is best to start with the most popular platforms and work with others if need be.
34. Pitch Great Content Ideas to Existing Publications
As you’ve seen from the above suggestions, someone who has an interest in writing as a means to make money has an abundance of opportunities at their fingertips. However, there is another way to earn a little bit of cash for those who are more ambitious. How? You can also make money by pitching ideas or sending fully-developed pieces to existing publications.
Pitching is a bit trickier than blogging your own content or using a content mill as you will have to make sure that your suggestion is appealing to the head editor of the publication. However, once you know how to craft a successful pitch, all you have to do is reach out to the desired contact, tell them more about yourself and the pitch you are looking to develop, and wait for their response as to whether or not they are interested in your idea. If they are, congratulations! If they aren’t, don’t fret, there are plenty of other places where you may be able to write your desired piece.
But where are you supposed to submit these pieces that you want to get published by other established platforms? No matter what topic you are interested in, the good news is that there are a ton of places that accept guest posts and many of them will compensate you fairly for your effort if you are able to deliver high-quality work.
35. Take On Extra Work Using Gig-Economy Apps
Gig-economy apps are a great way to take on extra work when you have some spare time. Although this may require some in-person work on your end, all of these tasks are available through your phone, making them accessible to pretty much anyone who meets the other guidelines laid out by the apps you choose to use. Additionally, gig-work means that you can pick up work whenever you want it rather than having to stick to a rigorous schedule. But where exactly can you look for work? Here are a few apps that are great for almost everyone.
- Amazon Flex
Gig-economy apps provide one of the most accessible work experiences available in today’s world. The comprehensive list above should help you find some gigs that are a perfect fit for you and will offer you the flexible income and work hours that you are looking for!
36. Become an Online Personal Trainer
Time has presented some unique and difficult challenges for those offering in-person services.
People want to be able to reap the physical and mental health benefits that exercise has to offer, turning to home workout resources in order to replace their previous workout regimen. As such, many fitness experts have pivoted in order to provide their services online rather than in-person at nearby gyms.
While there may be far fewer opportunities to offer in-person personal training services, you may wish to consider looking for (or creating your own) online personal training services instead. This gives you the ability to help others with their fitness journey without having to be physically present, operating instead from your own personal gym or a room in your home. Becoming a personal trainer online also comes with some great perks such as being able to work with multiple people, creating your own classes and routines, being able to sell branded merchandise, and offering additional services like nutritional support and planning.
Put simply, those who are passionate about fitness can easily find companies looking for personal trainers or even start their own business that will offer them even greater freedom in today’s largely digital environment.
37. Passionate About Music? Sell Your Songs or Your Services
Music is often overlooked due to the fact that not everyone knows how to play an instrument and making money with your music is an activity that may be hit or miss, depending upon the music itself, what you are producing, and how people respond to it. That said, there are tons of great ways for musicians to make money at home.
Whether you are someone who is skilled in a certain instrument, has plenty of digital music equipment and a knack for producing music via an application rather than recording instruments, or even someone who has an excellent voice, you may be able to earn some money online through the following activities.
- Offering Tutoring Services: Plenty of people are looking to learn a new instrument or improve their voice, but not everyone has access to nearby resources. Consider turning to online tutoring as a way to reach these individuals remotely and teach them the skills they need to become an excellent musician.
- Upload Digital Tracks for Licensing: Many of the basic melodies and beats that you hear in advertisements and other places have been produced by someone else. If you are able to make catchy, lyricless tunes, find platforms where you can upload and display these beats to interested parties who may want to purchase your music for use in their ads and beyond.
- Sell Your Songs: Some people make money not by becoming famous artists but by writing songs for famous artists. Although there is no guarantee that you are going to be able to sell your songs to a big star, look for opportunities to sell your songs to others who are on the hunt for great pieces.
- Develop an Application or Sell Individual Files and Beats: People who produce music are always in need of a great application to help them mix and produce their tracks. If you are great at creating sounds that can be used in music, find a way to produce your own app or create individual files and beats that can be integrated into existing music programs.
The sky’s the limit if you’re a musician looking to make money online. Consider some of the points above if you are interested in capitalizing on your talent and working towards a steadier music career.
38. Bring Medical Advice to Others With Telehealth Services
This recommendation is another one where you will need specialized skills in order to begin. However, if you do have these skills, it can be an easy way to make money without ever having to leave your house.
Much like people are reluctant to visit a therapist’s office, the same applies to doctor’s offices or the offices of other specialists. True, people will need to visit their doctor when they are dealing with serious health issues, but for minor problems, they may wish to avoid coming into contact with others in an environment where people are naturally going to be sick.
Although the idea is relatively new, telehealth has become commonplace, especially in today’s world. Rather than having to see people in person, those who would be working in a traditional doctor’s office can see patients via an application that uses access to a patient’s webcam. The patient then explains what is taking place and the doctor can provide them with a diagnosis and prescribe any medications that will need to be taken. This offers a safer alternative to in-person visits if they are not needed.
Telehealth platforms can be a little bit harder to find if you’re a healthcare provider as you will need to personally weigh the pros and cons of each platform before deciding to sign up. However, you may want to start with companies such as:
- Doctor on Demand (One of the most well-known and utilized platforms on this list.)
If you’re looking to be safe and continue working, offering Telehealth services to existing patients and new patients may be the best way to go.
39. Support Potential and Current Customers As a Remote Customer Service Associate
When you call into customer support at a company, chances are that you’re going to be speaking with someone who’s at a call center either in the U.S. or abroad. However, not everyone has the same work environment, and companies have begun to seek out individuals who are willing to do this kind of work from home.
Operating as a remote customer service associate can be an easy way to bring in some regular income while working on a schedule that works best for you. Remote customer service jobs can be broken down into two categories: customer service associates who speak with customers over the phone and those who operate on a digital chat in order to deal with any issues customers may be having. The former tends to pay a little bit better than the latter, but you can expect to make around $15 doing this kind of work.
Interested remote customer service associates who would prefer to work on the phone should keep an eye on some of the job boards we’ve listed on the platform as this is where these positions are generally posted, not through just one platform. Chat-based customer service agents, however, have the convenience of multiple existing platforms that take on new employees. If the latter attracts you, take a look at platforms like:
- LiveWorld: LiveWorld hires individuals who will respond to customers on social media instead of using a live chat feature or speaking with them over the phone. For those who are social media savvy, this may be a better option to pursue instead of a regular customer service position done on the phone or through your laptop.
- The Chat Shop: A UK-based company, The Chat Shop offers both human and AI-based live chat services, meaning that they are generally looking for new people to help them tackle the live chat aspects. Make sure to visit their website regularly to look for new positions.
- ModSquad: ModSquad is known for hiring remote customer associates with a twist: their associates may be expected to moderate forums, live chat with customers, chat through social media, and manage online communities.
- PrestoExperts: PrestoExpert hires expert chat agents who are knowledgeable (experts) in specific areas. Once you’ve been accepted onto the platform, you become an independent contractor that can then connect with those in need of your services.
- Needle: Needle is a relatively straightforward company in which you act as a live chat ambassador who informs and helps to sell products from the companies that Needle partners with.
As long as you have the right phone, a laptop computer, and time enough to take on this kind of work, you can easily begin making money from home as a remote customer service associate.
40. Consider Leveraging Your Finance Skills to Become a Day Trader
Day trading doesn’t seem to have the spotlight that it once had, but some people swear by this activity to make extra money from home. What does a day trader do? Put simply, a day trader is someone who buys and sells certain financial instruments on a daily basis, whether this means simply selling the instrument within the same day of buying it or making many micro-trades throughout the day.
No matter how easy others may make it seem online when they are pitching the idea to you, this activity can be difficult for those with no financial education or inherent financial savvy, which makes it an easy way for certain people to make money but more difficult for others to make the same type of profit. If you do have financial knowledge and know the ins-and-outs of day trading, it could be an activity worth looking into if you have time throughout the week to dedicate to watching the financial market and the patience and dedication needed to make the right moves at the right time.
Now, the biggest question that many have when it comes to day trading is, how much money can you make doing this? The answer? It depends. Generally, the more money you have to invest, the more money you are going to make along the way (although this will rely on the trades you make as well). That said, there are plenty of people who make at least a couple thousand a month day trading. The more time and effort you put into it, the more you will typically get out of it as you grow your investments and your knowledge about the financial markets.
41. Translate Digital Files or Written Text for Various Companies and Platforms
Knowing multiple languages can be a desirable skill to have, especially if you’re fluent and are able to read, write, and speak multiple languages. Besides being great for travel, these skills may actually be utilized in a translator position that can earn your money for helping others understand content or conversations that are being held in a different language.
It’s important to remember that this is a varied line of work, and some of the options that you have are to help people translate live conversations (acting as an interpreter), interpreting and translating text written in another language, or transcribe information given to you via an audio file. Some languages will also pay more while others may pay less, which may be due to the level of difficulty of some languages and whether or not it is rare to find translators who are capable of accurately translating it from one language to another.
If you’re just looking into translating and would prefer to use an established platform rather than going out and trying to seek clientele, some platforms you may want to take a closer look at are:
If you have knowledge of multiple languages, take some time to sit down and list some ways you could utilize these skills to make some money. Then look around for opportunities that are open and will allow you to make some money doing so. Who knows? You may even develop your own creative way to make money translating!
42. Look More Closely Into Traditional and Alternative Investment Opportunities
More often than not, we tend to overlook potential earning opportunities when they fall into the realm of what we consider to be normal earning opportunities. For example, one of the most popular recommendations that you may see on other websites is to make money by opening up new checking accounts at banks where they offer opening bonuses or placing your money in a high-interest yielding savings account. While both of these are great ways to make a little bit of cash in the short-term, the biggest issue is that they don’t offer us returns over time. Finding the right opportunities in these areas can be quite difficult as well.
However, there are some other great ways you can use your current income to make extra money. One such way that you can take your current capital and use it to earn more money is by investing in traditional or alternative investment vehicles. By investing your money intelligently, you can experience both short-term and long-term returns that help you grow your wealth (which is especially important if you are focused on establishing better financial health and security).
With that in mind, investing in anything is a major financial move that requires careful thought and consideration before any money is moved into any accounts or portfolios. Make sure to do your research and look into the different types of investments you may want to consider given your income, your future goals, and what you’re looking to gain from your investment activities. Given that this is something we should all be engaging in throughout our lives, why not learn more now and potentially earn some money along the way?!
43. Become a Virtual Matchmaker for People Looking for Love
Finding love in today’s world is no easy feat. Even if you may live in an area where there is no lack of people who are also looking for their own matches, knowing exactly what to do or say in order to encourage others to date you can be a mystery for many. Fortunately, where others fall short, there are those who have natural talents that they wish to help others learn.
This is where you come in! If you are someone who is excellent at love or flirting (especially if you know how to optimize dating profiles to get the most responses, which is in high demand in this day and age), you may want to consider developing your own online matchmaking side hustle where you show people how to find love both online and off.
It should be said that the odd job will pop up here and there for dating websites or platforms that are looking for help, which can provide you with the opportunity you need to start your career as a professional matchmaker. However, there are no specific platforms that always have opportunities available, meaning that it may be better to try setting something up for yourself instead of waiting for the right opening to come along.
44. Offer Your Spiritual Services to Others
Providing spiritual services to others is a very niche market, and while there may be the potential for these types of businesses to fail during operation, there are plenty of people out there who do make a decent living providing others with access to spiritual products or services.
The biggest advantage when creating this type of business is that those who are involved are generally very passionate about what they do, which can make it something that is a more desirable option to pursue than other suggestions on this list. The biggest disadvantage, however, is finding the right clientele to ensure there is a steady demand for your products and services. You will also have to focus heavily on customer service as this will be what your business will be built upon.
Moving forward, what kind of spiritual businesses would you be able to start? Some suggestions for those who have a spiritual calling may include:
- Operating As an Influencer on Social Media: There are plenty of spiritual influencers who are able to make money advertising their lifestyle and products from companies that they are sponsored by. Although it may take time to gain a following, this can be one way to make money with your passion.
- Launching Your Own E-Commerce Platform for Spiritual Goods: Much like you would launch an online store to sell day-to-day goods, you could also launch your own shop to sell spiritual goods for a wide variety of religions or spiritual paths. If you are more into making your own products, you could either choose to sell these items on your own website or sell through a more popular platform like Etsy. Some stores will even offer monthly packages to customers who want to stock up on supplies but who don’t know how to begin!
- Offering Certain Spiritual Services: Whether you are an avid tarot card reader or someone who provides other medium-based services, the online world has shifted into this area, giving people the ability to conduct readings over the phone or a webcam. If this is something that calls to you, there are plenty of platforms on which you can grow your business!
While this type of recommendation is certainly an outlier in comparison to some of the other ideas on this list, it is one that may be the right fit for you if you find some of the spiritual services you see today appealing!
45. Launch Your Own Membership-Based or Subscription-Based Business Model
Many businesses will sell products directly to their customers, aiming to retain them by providing quality goods or services. However, other businesses will offer a membership or subscription to their customers instead, giving them access to certain products or services over time rather than requiring them to pay each time they need something. But what types of business models may you be able to start based on this suggestion?
- Monthly Boxes: Monthly subscription boxes have been wildly successful since they came out, providing customers with regular gifts right to their doorsteps. Whether they’re looking for pet products, clothing, or toiletries, there is no limit to the kinds of subscription boxes you can offer.
- Coaching/Consulting Businesses: Certain coaching or consulting businesses will offer memberships to those interested in accessing your vast array of digital content and receiving a more in-depth learning experience. If you are someone with a lot of value to offer but don’t want to just give it away, starting your own membership site where people sign up to access your content can be a great way to work around this.
- Software or Application Services: There are plenty of services that charge monthly subscriptions to access certain kinds of software or applications. If you know how to code and can create programs that people need either for either their professional or personal lives, you may want to consider offering it to them for a monthly fee.
- Online Stores: One of the most unique membership-based services thus far is Thrive Market. Thrive Market charges its users a monthly or annual fee to gain access to organic products at a cheaper price than they would find them in their local supermarkets. You may be able to apply this same idea to your own online store if you can provide your customers with special benefits they are unable to find elsewhere.
If you have a product or service that can provide others with continual value, consider starting your own online subscription/membership business!
Start Making Money Online Now
The digital age has given everyone the opportunity to make money online, no matter what your skills and talents may be. Whether you are looking for simple tasks, freelance jobs, or even full-time roles, there is no lack of platforms out there that can connect you with the opportunities you are looking for. If you’re looking to make money online (and want to do so in a way that is simple), go through the 45 easy ways to earn money online listed above to find the best options for your needs and get started on bringing in more income today.