The Population Reference Bureau reports that the average American spends about 26 minutes each day commuting to work. Unless your city has good public transport, you spend a lot of time in your car. Maintaining a car is not that easy since you will have to incur expenses such as the cost of gas, repairs, and servicing. However, you can cut off these expenses by simply advertising on your car. Some companies are willing to pay you to just drive your car. Too good to be true?
You have probably come across cars with Red Bull, or Monster energy drink ads wrapped all over. If you are wondering how that happened, the owners of those cars were paid by those companies to have the advertisements placed there.
Get Paid To Advertise On Your Car With These 7 Companies
If you do not mind having stickers or wrappers on your car, below are some of the companies that will pay you to run car wrapping ads.
This company was founded in 2015 and has been partnering with car owners who don’t mind having ads on their vehicles. Wrapify pays based on how far you drive. To advertise with Wrapify, you must first download their mobile application and register as a driver. You will then have to drive to places you normally frequent, and the app will track your driving habits to assess the ad campaign offers. When you receive an ad campaign that interests you, all you have to do is register, have the advert placed on your car and start earning your money.
Wrapify drivers earn between $196 and $452 every month based on the mileage covered.
- The campaigns run between one and three months, and you, therefore, don’t have to make long-term commitments.
- You will receive consistent payments as Wrapify pays weekly via direct deposits.
- You will be charged early termination fees if you breach the contract and remove the wrapping before the end date.
- To qualify and get get paid to drive, you must pass a background check requiring not over 2 accidents in the past 3 years.
- You must have a post-2010 car model
Pay Me For Driving
They are an affiliate marketing firm that pays drivers to put small adverts from local companies on their cars. To qualify as a marketer for Pay Me For Driving, you must complete an online application form and provide information on your car. The company subjects you to a background check that requires that you have a positive driving record. Once approved, you will have to sign the driver agreement, agreeing to the terms and conditions of the company before the ads are installed.
Pay Me for Driving pay will depend on whether the advertising company pays on commissions, a flat fee, or based on recurring rates.
- The company approves you as a driver within three business days so you can get started almost immediately.
- They offer a commission-based program, which means you can earn more than just the flat fee
- You don’t get to choose the color or design of the ad to be installed on your car.
- You can only qualify as a Pay Me For Driving driver if you reside and drive within St. Louis City, St. Louis County, or St. Charles areas.
ReferralCars offers car wrapping programs that match interested drivers with commission and non-commission based ad campaigns. After downloading and installing their app, all you have to do is enter your ZIP code and scheme through the available ad campaigns near you. You will fill in an online application form that requires you to submit the following information:
- Your annual mileage
- You type of insurance
- Age of the car, and
- Whether you drive for Lyft or Uber
Once approved, your account manager will give you the details of the ad campaign, and if you wish to move forward, you will pay a shipping fee for your decal. To activate your decal, enter your unique keyword on the ReferralCars website. This enables them to trail sales back to you.
After placing the decal on your car, you must send the company a picture of proof, and you are set to earn your money. By the first of every month, you must send additional pictures of proof to show the decal is still in place.
Earnings with ReferralCars depends largely on the magnitude of the campaign and whether you receive a commission or not.
- The decals are small, and you don’t have to worry about driving around shouting advertisements all over your car.
- According to the company, you can earn your money within 90 days of joining the campaign and receive a $100 gift card.
- You must pay a shipping fee to receive your decal
- You install the decal by yourself
The company matches drivers with brands to offer advertising solutions that entice both parties. StickerRide is a European company and was founded in 2013, but it now operates in the United States, matching big brands with more than 40,000 drivers.
To register as a StickerRide driver, you first download the mobile app, register your vehicle, and select an active ad campaign. Once approved, you will take your car to one of the company’s workshops where the decal will be installed.
You turn on the app every time you drive so that the company can track your mileage coverage and compensate you accordingly. Your points will be calculated by multiplying miles covered with your tariff. Your tariff depends on the following factors:
- Type of car
- Type of wrapping displayed
- Your location
Earnings vary from driver to driver depending on the type of your car, mileage covered, and your location.
- The company allows you to select the ad you prefer from a number of ad campaigns
- You can earn more money by participating in optional tasks such as taking photos of your vehicle in popular locations.
- Every campaign has its unique car requirements, and you can’t tell whether your car is eligible until you have applied.
- You must remember to turn on the app before every trip, and if you fail to, you will not earn a penny for that trip.
Free Car Media
The company pays drivers to place ads on the entire car or on the rear window. You will have to fill in an online application form, and if accepted, the company will reach you through an email letting you know more about the program. Free Car Media then sends you the ads for your rear window with a guide on how to install it. If you have contracted to have your entire car covered with an advert, the company will instruct you on where to take it for installation. Once the ad is installed, you can drive your car and start earning money.
You can expect to earn anything between $50 and $400 on a monthly basis depending on the size of the advertisement.
- You can reject an ad campaign you are not interested in and still qualify for a future campaign
- You can decide where to place the ad. You may opt to apply the ad on your rear window if you don’t want an ad applied on your entire car.
- The ad campaigns are long-term, and you will have to drive your car with an ad for between 6 and 24 months.
- If you choose to take the rear window campaign, you will have to install the ad by yourself.
Carvertise is an advertising company based in Delaware, was founded back in 2012 with a vision of linking advertisers with drivers. You will have to fill in a short online application form where you submit your personal information and that of your car. The company then matches you to the brands running campaigns in the locations you frequently drive to. After approval, the ad decal is applied on your car.
Carvertise pays a fee of $100 per month via direct deposit. You can expect to earn between $300 and $1,200 per advertisement campaign. You will remove the ad after the end of the campaign.
- You can also earn money by parking your car in specific places within specific time frames
- You can choose to either accept or reject a campaign.
- Car requirements stipulate that you must have a post-2008 car model.
- You must drive 30 miles per day for Carvertise to hire you as a driver.
This company is interested in drivers who can cover 30 miles on a daily basis. Nickelytics uses ride-share applications to track the mileage covered. The company offers three car wrapping options:
- Rear windshield
- Full wrap
- light wrap
While the full wrap covers the entire body, including the back windshield, the light wrap is applied on the doors. The company pays depending on the mileage coved, and the type of wrap applied.
Nickelytics only approves 2010 and newer models. The company only hires from the following markets in Florida:
- Cape Coral
- New Orleans, Colorado
- Tampa, Florida
- Fort Myers, Florida
- St. Petersburg, Florida
- Naples, Florida
- Portland, Maine
- Denver, Colorado
The company has promised to expand its market to 20 other cities by the end of 2020.
You can expect to earn up to $500 monthly, depending on the wrap and mileage covered.
- You can choose the type of wrap you want applied on your car.
- The company only hires drivers from the eight markets in Florida
- They only hire drivers who can cover a minimum of 30 miles a day
What is Car Wrapping?
This is a form of advertisement where the advertising company pays car owners to have their ads wrapped on their vehicles. Car wrap advertisements began in the 1920s, where vinyl decals would be placed on taxis. Pepsi was the first company to actually run a car wrapping advertising campaign. This allowed the company to reach a plethora of people who would later convert into customers. More companies took to this advertising strategy, which now allows them to advertise their products and services to thousands of people around-the-clock. Brands invest in car advertising to increase their exposure. With an advert wrapped on a car that is constantly on the move, it is obvious that many people will see the ad, and some of those will convert into customers. Some car ad campaigns are aimed at increasing brand awareness.
You are probably wondering how much one can make from wrapping his/her car with a Monster, Pepsi, Red Bull, or any other company’s advert. The amount you get paid depends on a number of factors which include but not limited to:
- Daily driving habits
- Type of car
- The route you follow
- Whether the advertisement covers the entire car or just a part of it
Typically, you will earn between $200 and $1000 monthly for every car wrap. Cool money right, now that all you have to do is drive your car just like you have been doing previously.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
How Do I Know The Company is Legit?
Truthfully speaking, some car wrapping companies are scams, and you must do your diligence to assess the legitimacy of the company you are interested in. To assess whether a company is legitimate, these are the things you should look out for:
The Application Process
Any legitimate car wrapping company will have a formal application process that assesses the model of your car, your driving record, and insurance, among other requirements. If the company is not asking for this kind of information, then you should definitely look the opposite direction.
A reputable car advertising company will require you to provide them with information on your car’s insurance coverage. The company will not hire a driver who has not met the minimum insurance requirements set by the state government.
You should not pay any fee to work as a driver for a car advertising company. Any company that charges you application fees is definitely not legitimate.
Cost of installing ads
The company is responsible for paying the cost of installing the advertisements on your car. Any company that asks you to pay for the installation fee, even with a promise to reimburse, is a scam company.
You can also tell whether a company is legitimate or a scam by assessing its customer services. The company should provide customer service helplines or email addresses for easy contact whenever you have a concern. You should look away if the company does not provide customer service contacts.
What Kind of advertisements will be wrapped on my car?
Different car advertising companies have different strategies for wrapping ads on cars. While most companies opt for vinyl wrappings, some prefer using decal stickers. Vinyl wrapping is the most preferred option because the ad looks like it’s printed on the vehicle. These wrappings are, however, not permanent and can be removed at the end of the contract period. The Wrappings will not damage your vehicles, so you won’t have to worry about the cost of repainting or expensive repairs.
The advert may cover the entire car or just a part of it, depending on its size.
Can I Use A Rental Car?
If it happens that you do not want to warp your car with advertisements, you can still invest in car wrapping. Some companies allow you to use their already wrapped car. This approach is referred to as free car promotion. The Company rents the car, wraps it with the advertisement, and then gives it to you as a driver, often under specific conditions such as the number of hours you should drive on a daily basis or the daily mileage. However, not all companies offer this option, but you can always consult with the company.
What Are the Requirements?
The requirements vary from one company to another, but most of them prefer working with specific car models and drivers who drive for hours and follow busy routes daily. Below are some of the common requirements that most companies look into:
- Car insurance
- You must be over 18 years
- Your Driving record must be clean
- The general condition of the car must be good
- You must agree to keep the ad on your car for the agreed contract period
- You must have a GPS or agree to use one offered by the company
- Some companies require you to hit a specific minimum mileage
The company will notify you of the requirements before assigning you a contract.
How Much Money can I make?
The answer is simple. It depends. Different companies pay differently, and the earnings also vary from one driver to another. Below are some of the factors that will determine how much a driver makes from car wrapping;
- The route followed
- Mileage covered
- The type of car
- The size of the ad
- Whether the company offers commissions and more
You may expect to pocket between $200 and $1000 monthly for each ad. The average earning from a car wrap is $400.
How Do I Find More Car Advertising Opportunities?
To find more companies offering free car media, contact car advertising companies in your area. You can easily achieve this by running a quick google search. You can also consider checking the local newspaper for such paid opportunities.
Car advertising is among the easiest ways of earning some extra cash since you are getting paid to drive your car. You may definitely not expect to get rich with car wrapping, but an extra $300 -$1000 per month is good money – enough to cover most of your car’s expenses. If you want to make some extra cash and don’t mind driving a car with ads wrapped on it, contact some of these companies to seize the opportunities. Be cautious and guard yourself against scammers.