If you are looking to grow a business in the modern world, then you need to make sure that you have a business phone number. When you take the time to invest in a business phone number, you add an increased level of credibility to your business. Perhaps you have a personal phone number that currently doubles as your business number. At the same time, this allows your personal life to be distracted by your business work.
There are a number of reasons why people might be reluctant to get a business phone number. Some people think it is too expensive while other people might think this takes too much time. In reality, getting a business phone number does not have to be expensive. Furthermore, there are actually ways that you can get a business phone number for free. As a result, everyone who is looking to grow their small business should take a look at some of the top options for getting a business phone number below.
A Quick Note About Free Business Phone Numbers
Yes, it is true that it is possible to get a business phone number free of charge. On the other hand, people might have to pay for additional services. Some of these services that might qualify as premium when it comes to a free business phone number include:
- A live receptionist to answer the phone
- Voicemail and email services
- Adding extensions or more than one phone number
- Purchasing additional minutes for the line
Usually, the catch that grabs everyone’s attention is that free business phone numbers only come with a certain amount of minutes. Therefore, it is important for everyone to think about their business and how often they are going to use the phone. Then, when looking at the options, it is important to take a closer look at how many minutes are available for free. This will help everyone decide whether or not a free business phone number is right for them. Of course, it is also important to take a look at how expensive it is to purchase additional minutes for the business phone number.
Best Places To Get A Free Business Phone Number
One of the top options in the market for those who are looking for a free business phone number is called eVoice. With eVoice, it is possible to get a local number as well as a 1-800 number that will last for 30 days. After this, the lowest plan available through eVoice is called the eVoice Lite plan. This plan includes the following features for a low monthly rate. They are:
- Six separate phone numbers
- Two additional extensions
- 300 total minutes
Of course, it is possible to upgrade to other plans that are more luxurious at the business grows. Finally, it is also possible for those who sign on with a service of a live receptionist answer phone calls between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET. If a business receives phone calls outside of his hours, there is an automatic receptionist who is going to field these phone calls on behalf of the business.
Some of the benefits of using eVoice include:
- There is a powerful faxing functionality that comes with this service
- eVoice provides access to both local and toll-free phone numbers
- With some plans, it is possible to have an unlimited number of extensions
Some of the drawbacks of using eVoice include:
- The interface is very basic and does not provide any customizable options
- The mobile app is a bit clunky and leaves a lot to be desired
- Even with a paid plan, there is a limit to the monthly minutes that are available
Overall, eVoice is a strong option for businesses that are looking for a cost-effective way to handle their business phone services. On the other hand, it is also important to note that as the business grows, eVoice might outgrow its usefulness in the process.
2. Google Voice
Google is one of the most well-known tech giants in the world. Therefore, it should come as no surprise that they have a phone option as well. Many businesses use Gmail for their business account. Therefore, it can be helpful to tie the phone line to the Gmail account as well. This is my Google Voice can be helpful. There is a helpful Google Voice app that allows people to make phone calls for free. Phone calls and texts are free on the following devices:
- Apple devices
- Android devices
The Google Voice app is strong and even has the ability to transcribe voicemail messages, allowing businesses to filter out spam calls. Furthermore, it is also possible to forward messages from Google Voice to any other device. As long as the Google Voice app is available, it is possible to access the business phone number from anywhere at any time. It is also important to note that Google will only provide a local phone number for free. Those who are looking for a toll-free phone number will have to look elsewhere.
Some of the benefits of using Google Voice include:
- The Google Voice phone service is completely free
- The app provides users with unlimited calling to anywhere in the United States or Canada
- There is also a free call recording option available, which can be helpful for businesses
On the other hand, there are a few drawbacks to note as well. These include:
- The Google Voice phone set is basic does not provide any advanced options
- The Google Voice app does not provide access to toll-free options
- Many businesses are looking for an area code that reflects their location and some of the most popular area codes are not available
It’s critical to highlight that Google Voice is completely free. On the other hand, there might be some fees that are applied to call and select numbers and international locations.
Only a short time ago, the idea of having access to free cell phone service might have seems like an impossibility. Now, there is a strong option in the form of FreedomPop. For those who might not know, FreedomPop is a leader when it comes to free cell phones. Anyone who is looking for a free phone for their business can get started with the basic plan. This is completely free and includes minutes, text messages, and data even when individuals are not connected to my Wi-Fi network. As a result, it is possible for a plan from FreedomPop to offer one completely free month. Of note, there is a one-time activation fee that will apply.
For those who are wondering, FreedomPop is able to offer free plans because it uses public Wi-Fi networks instead of cellular towers. Therefore, it is a good idea for businesses to make sure they remain secure as they use FreedomPop. The free plan from FreedomPop includes:
- 500 MB of LTE data per month
- 500 Text Messages per month
- 200 minutes per month
Some of the benefits of using FreedomPop include:
- There is a free plan available that provides plenty of phone calls and text messages per month
- The premium plans are flexible and provide unlimited talk, text, and plenty of data
- There is no contract required through FreedomPop and the company provides free international calling to numerous countries all over the world
Some of the drawbacks to note of using FreedomPop include:
- Even though there is a free option available, anything above the basic plan is going to require payment
- All phone calls are typically routed through voice over IP, not a cellular network, which can impact the quality
- The customer service department is not that helpful and businesses could be left in the dark from time to time
These are a few of the most important points that everyone should keep in mind when it comes to FreedomPop. Overall, FreedomPop can be a strong option for small businesses. Of course, there are paid plans for businesses that need more resources as they grow.
Another option for a free business phone number comes from a company called FreedomVoice. FreedomVoice provides its users with a 30-day free trial option. Furthermore, one of the major upgrades through FreedomVoice includes a vanity business phone number instead of receiving a toll-free or local phone number that has been randomly assigned. Those who would like a vanity business phone number will need to pay a one-time activation fee. A major benefit of having a vanity business phone number is that it will be easier for customers and clients to remember the phone number.
Every plan from FreedomVoice comes with a virtual auto attendant, forwarding options, an unlimited number of voicemail boxes, and Android and iPhone app calling capabilities. It is easy to see why FreedomVoice has become so popular.
Some of the major benefits of using FreedomVoice include:
- There are no contracts required to sign up with FreedomVoice
- The customer support options are strong, ensuring that FreedomVoice is user-friendly
- There are a wide range of options including vanity business phone numbers, 1-800 numbers, and even local phone numbers
Some of the drawbacks of using FreedomVoice include:
- There is no texting option available through FreedomVoice
- There is no video conferencing available through FreedomVoice
- In some careers, the service can be a bit spotty
These are a few of the most important points to remember when it comes to FreedomVoice. Anyone who is looking for a free business phone number should consider using the free trial option from this company first. This gives everyone a chance to try out the service before investing completely.
CallCentric is another possible option for those who are looking for a business phone number.
It is important to note that with the service, only incoming phone calls are free. Anyone who wants to make outbound phone calls using the service is going to have to pay for it. On the other hand, businesses are able to receive an unlimited number of inbound calls for free.
For outgoing phone calls going to VoIP networks and other CallCentric phone calls, users end up paying by the minute. The biggest reason why CallCentric is so affordable even when users are forced to pay for their outbound calls is that they use voice over internet technology. This means that instead of using a phone tower, they’re using internet connections. Furthermore, there is also a mobile app available, where users can make phone calls using their Apple or Android devices.
Some of the biggest benefits of using CallCentric include:
- This is one of the strongest VoIP solutions on the market
- Their solutions are versatile for home use, office use, and even cell phone use
- Users are able to receive an unlimited number of inbound calls for free
Some of the drawbacks of using this service include:
- Users have to pay for outbound calls
- The rates go up when calling someone who is outside of North America
- The mobile app is a bit difficult to use
These are a few of the most important points that users should remember when it comes to CallCentric. Users are able to receive an unlimited number of inbound phone calls for free; however, they have to pay for outbound calls. Therefore, this is like getting a partial phone line for free.
Finally, it is time to talk about Phonebooth. Phonebooth is a voice over IP app that provides free business phone numbers. Same time, the service is not completely free. There is a monthly fee per user. There are two phone numbers for free and the monthly she covers Nationwide in Long Distance calling, Group phone calls, voicemail transcriptions, and auto attendants. Even though there is a monthly fee for the services, users will receive an unlimited number of minutes, which may Phonebooth a superior option when compared to other choices on the list.
Some of the biggest benefits of using Phonebooth include:
- There is no contract required, so users are able to go month to month, providing added flexibility
- Phonebooth does not charge any setup fees, which means that everything in their pricing plans is transparent
- Even the basic plan covers a wide range of amenities, including unlimited minutes
Some of the biggest drawbacks of using this service include:
- There is not an option available that is completely free
- Service can be spotty in some areas
- The voicemail transcriptions can be inaccurate from time to time.
Overall, this service is a bit different than some of the other options on the list. At the same time, these benefits could be helpful for specific businesses. Therefore, it is a good idea for businesses to check out this option and compare it to some of the other choices on the list.
Find the Right Free Business Phone Number
These are a few of the most popular options when it comes to finding a business phone number. Even though there are plenty of ways to get a business phone line for free, it is important to remember that these only come with a certain amount of minutes. As the business grows, you might need to purchase additional minutes. It might even be helpful to have a phone number that provides you with an unlimited number of minutes. Separating your business life from your personal life and help you alleviate stress; however, it is also important to make sure that your customers, clients, and employees have a reliable business phone number to use. Take a look at some of the options on this list and find one that works for your small business. Having a business phone number will add a level of credibility that will help you generate leads, boost conversions, and grow your revenue.